Have you heard about the scientific study showing that walnuts actually fight cancer?
From Dr. Axe:
7 Health Benefits of Walnuts
1. Help Fight Depression
2. Improve Brain Health and Preserve Memory
3. Improve Heart Health
4. Can Help Prevent Cancer (Some research has shown walnuts are part of a diet that acts like a natural cancer treatment. In 2013, researchers from the University of Texas Health Science Center investigated whether a standard mouse diet supplemented with walnuts reduced the establishment and growth of human prostate cancer cells. They found that the walnut-enriched diet reduced the number of tumors and the growth significantly and that the final average tumor size in the walnut-diet animals was roughly one-fourth the average size of the prostate tumors in the mice that ate the control diet!)
5. Make a Filling Snack and Support Weight Loss
6. Improve Reproductive Health and Aid in Growth and Development
7. Great Way to Increase Children’s Omega-3s (natural remedy for ADHD)
Ever notice that a walnut looks just like the human brain? According to ancient wisdom, this is more than just a coincidence. Considering one of the biggest benefits of walnuts nutrition is the ability to support your most important organ — the brain — walnuts have now been scientifically proven to be a true “brain food” and a leader among all nuts.
Walnuts can help improve your mood considering they contain one of the highest amounts of omega-3 fats of any nut. In addition to the remarkable things that omega-3 foods can do for your mind, they’re also known to support heart health and fight heart disease by lowering triglyceride levels and reducing dangerous plaque formation in the arteries.